Episode 166: Coin Center’s Peter Van Valkenburgh on regulation & crypto
In this week’s episode, Anna & Josh Cincinnati chat with Peter Van Valkenburgh, Director of Research at Coin Center. Coin Center is a non-profit research and advocacy group focused on the public policy issues facing cryptocurrency and decentralized computing technologies. In this conversation, they cover the various branches in the US system, how these interact with the crypto/blockchain community, what the process is for making regulation and how coincenter gets involved.
Here are a few of the groups that they mention:
- FinCen: Financial Crimes Enforcement Network.
- SEC: U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- CFTC: Commodities futures trading commission
Here are some handy links:
- Tangents from Coin Center: Rohan Grey
- Coincenter Blog: Coin Center files second comment in FinCEN rulemaking challenging its authority to make the surveillance rule
- Coincenter Blog: Join us in responding to an unfair and discriminatory midnight rulemaking
- Stablecoin Tethering and Bank Licensing Enforcement (STABLE) Act
- Interpretive Letter #1172 OCC Chief Counsel's Interpretation on National Bank and Federal Savings Association Authority to H
Thanks for this week’s sponsor Interchain Foundation or ICF
ICF is focused on the research, development, and promotion of open, decentralized, network technologies like Cosmos
One of the most recent developments in the Cosmos ecosystem is the Stargate upgrade. Stargate is the largest Cosmos upgrade yet, enabling blockchains to connect with each other using the first standardized protocol for inter-blockchain communication (IBC). Here is our episode with Chris Goes about IBC.
If you want to apply to the Interchain Foundation Grants program, here is the link: apply.interchain.io
Deadline for this round is February 14th.
Thanks again ICF!
*If you like what we do: *
Follow us on Twitter - @zeroknowledgefm
Join us on Telegram
Catch us on Youtube
Read up on the r/ZKPodcast subreddit
Give us feedback! -https://forms.gle/iKMSrVtcAn6BByH6A
Support our Gitcoin Grant
Support us on the ZKPatreon -https://www.patreon.com/zeroknowledge
*Or directly here: *