Epigenetic Coaching: Where Does it Fit in With Ayurveda With David Krantz
In today’s episode, I rap with epigenetics coach David Krantz about the overlaps between energetic and hard science and where the industry of genetic coaching is bringing the Western World closer to ayurvedic principles.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- What is epigenetics?
- How to individualize nutrition for optimal health
- How nutrigenetics and nutrigenomics fit into the ayurvedic viewpoint
- What are the advantages of a practitioner using both the ayurvedic and genetic models together
- What is the data around epigenetics and the contemplative practices and the influence these practices have at a gene expression level
- How do Ayurvedic herbs influence gene expression
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Order Cate Stillman's new book "Master of You"
- How your DNA changes your response to Cannabis
- FREE conversation to Awaken your Deeper Dreams
- David Krantz's website
- Cate and David discuss Moore’s law and the importance of genetic testing.
- David shines a light on who should get epigenetic testing.
- Cate and David rap on adrenaline addiction and where it is showing up in Ayurveda and epigenetics and the different perspectives on relieving an addiction.
- 1:20 - 7:30 What is epigenetics and why is it useful for us?
- 7:30 - 11:00 Where is the line between genetics and intuition?
- 11:00 - 15:00 How do functional medicine and epigenetics overlap?
- 15:00 - 19:00 How can we change our genetics?
- 19:00 - 21:50 Understanding Ayurvedic herbs
- 22:30 - 26:00 Nutrigenetics v nutrigenomics
- 26:00 - 35:00 Stress and addiction
- 35:00 - 39:45 How to work with an epigenetic coach
- “It really does give people an empowered perspective over their health” - David Krantz
- “Thinking about things from a whole systems perspective where everything I do in my life is going to influence genetic expression. Whether you take an ayurvedic approach or you take more of the epigenetic approach that’s looking at individual genes, you’re affecting genetic expression no matter what.” -David Krantz
- “It’s the inner science lab versus the outer science lab.” - Cate Stillman
- “Ultimately if you want the long term changes it’s a mental/ emotional shift that has to happen.” - David Krantz
- “We like the feeling of being hyperstimulated, on some level.” - Cate Stillman
David Krantz is a certified Epigenetic Coach and sought-after consultant in the areas of individualized genetic-based nutrition and the endocannabinoid system. As a lifelong musician, David sees the various systems of the body as parts of a complex symphony that can be fine-tuned to create harmonious health. He was nominated in 2019 as a Top 100 Health innovator by the International Forum for Healthcare Advancement and is most well known for his work helping creative professionals take mastery over their wellbeing.