Getting Real with Miscarriage: Jayme Serbell
Full-time travelers Jayme and her partner John recently went through a miscarriage. But in the face of the social norm to not talk about it, they’ve been sharing their sharing about the experience and their grieving process openly with their online community because this topic just isn’t talked about enough, especially for how common it is.
In this episode, we catch up with Jayme to hold an important discussion around miscarriage-- because getting real about what’s not being said is the only way to move toward a future where we all give ourselves permission to do the same.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Jayme’s pregnancy story
- How she and her partner John were planning to accommodate an infant on the road
- What vehicles are good potential campervans for families
- Finding pregnancy and miscarriage support communities online
- How Jayme discovered she was miscarrying
- Why Jayme and John chose to share their miscarriage story with their online community
- Thoughts and resources that are helpful to Jayme and John in their grieving process
- Follow Jayme on Instagram - @gnomad_home
- Jayme and John’s website - Gnomad Home
- Sign up for our newsletter to receive updates on our WOTR Camp Out happening this October near Moab, Utah!
- Women On The Road on Instagram - @womenontheroad
- Join the Women On The Road Podcast Facebook group
Sponsor Websites & Codes
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Fridays-- subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode. Follow along with Laura Hughes on Instagram (@howsheviewsit) and see more of her work through her website, How She Views It.
Music is by Josh Woodward.
WOTR podcast cover artwork designed by Dani Opal.