Episode 3: Interview with LAPD Sgt. Andy Markel - Officer in Charge of Tactics Training Unit
In this episode we interview LAPD Sgt. Andy Markel, who spent 30+ years on LAPD and held numerous roles including being a pistol, shotgun and carbine instructor, Use of Force Expert Witness, and concluded his career as the OIC (Officer in Charge) of the LAPD Tactics Training Unit.
Topics Discussed Include:
- Teaching tactics to officers.
- Connecting with and motivating young officers.
- Changing trends in Use of Force methods deployed by LAPD.
- Getting a team of instructors on the same page.
- Sgt. Markel's personal definition of Use of Force.
- The importance of understanding your department's policy.
- Tips for success in a Use of Force trial.
- Understanding depositions... what NOT to do.
- What is expected of an expert witness.
- Details about Use of Force cases Sgt. Markel has worked.
Enjoy the episode!
WDF Podcast inquiries: email@example.com
WDF Podcast website: www.withdeadlyforce.com
ITTS Firearms training inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
ITTS Firearms training website: www.internationaltactical.com
Copyright 2020 International Tactical Training Seminars, Inc.