Productivity Commission's report on VET funding - all 322 pages in just over 30 minutes!
In this episode Claire discusses the Productivity Commission's Interim Report on the National Agreement for Skills and Workforce Development. She outlines where it fits with the other recent reviews of the VET sector, as well as discussing the report's findings and the interim recommendations and options it proposes for future VET funding.
This report is a key part of the government's JobMaker plans for rebuilding the economy post-COVID so if you work in an RTO or dual-sector provider (public or private) it has direct relevance to your future operations.
In this episode Claire references the following links and reports:
- The Productivity Commission website and details on making a submission (before 17 July 2020): https://www.pc.gov.au/inquiries/current/skills-workforce-agreement/interim
- Claire's written analysis of the Commission's report: https://www.clairefield.com.au/unpacking-whats-in-the-productivity-commissions-interim-report/
- Claire's analysis of the ASQA Rapid Review: https://www.clairefield.com.au/asqa-rapid-review-analysis-of-what-it-means-for-providers/
- The BroadAgenda website: http://www.broadagenda.com.au
- NSW government's Statement of Owner Expectations for TAFE NSW: https://www.tafensw.edu.au/documents/60140/76288/soe.pdf
The ‘What now? What next?’ podcast recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s traditional custodians. In the spirit of reconciliation we are proud to recommend John Briggs Consulting as a leader in Reconciliation and Indigenous engagement. To find out more go to www.johnbriggs.net.au