116: Walt Bogdanich | 3x Pulitzer Prize Winner On McKinsey & Co, Consulting, Skin In The Game + Investigative Journalism
The following is a conversation with Walt Bogdanich, an investigative journalist for the New York Times, author of many books, and 3x recipient of the Pulitzer Prize.
Walt Bogdanich co-authored a book titled ‘When McKinsey Comes To Town’ which documents 14 different examples of McKinsey poisoning, muddying and consulting the waters of big industry, big government and even bigger money.
In this chat there is a lot of talk about...
- McKinsey In Saudi Arabia
- McKinsey & Perdue Pharma
- McKinsey's Absurd Conflicts Of Interest
- Investigative Journalism
- + Much More As Well...
Links To Walt Bogdanich
Episodes Of The Curious Worldview Podcast Mentioned.
- Martin Schibbye - Sweden's Greatest Investigative Journalist
- Dan McDougall - Legendary Investigative Journalist.
- Bradley Hope - 1MDB & Project Brazen.
- Jim Henry - Offshore Finance Investigative Journalist
Newsletter 📋 🔑 - https://atlasgeographica.com/subscribe
Follow My Instagram & Twitter 🐦
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 01:40 – 3x Pulitzer Prize Wins
- 04:58 – McKinsey Are More Secretive Than The CIA
- 13:27 – Nassim Taleb, Consultants & Skin In The Game
- 19:52 – Exclusive Access To McKinsey Client List & Perdue Pharma Opioid Crisis
- 34:52 – McKinsey In Saudi Arabia
- 44:33 – Archetypal Example Of Filthy McKinsey
- 48:07 – Pulitzer Prize Story & Hard Truth About Investigative Journalism
- 56:39 – The Necessity For Supply Chain Investigations & Advice For Aspiring Investigative Journalists
- 1:00:00 – Walt’s Investigative Journalists Hero’s + A Great Story Not Being Told.
- 1:05:32 – The Role Of Serendipity In Walt’s Life.
- 1:08:10 – A Country Walt Is Bullish On.
- 1:09:49 – Conversation Between Any Two People Of History.
- 1:11:28 – Afterthoughts & Ambition For The Podcast.