Ep. 95: Renaut Van der Riet | Spend More Time Living Your Life Well, than Building Platforms of Influence
In this episode, we talk with Renaut Van der Riet, who is the Founder/President of “Love Made Visible”, Founder/Owner of Axum Coffee, and Lead Pastor for Mosaic Church, one of the fastest growing churches in the U.S.
Spend More Time Living Your Life Well, than Building Platforms of Influence
Anything Less Than a Conscious Commitment to the Important is an Unconscious Commitment to the Unimportant – Stephen Covey
- Website: ThisIsMosaic.org
- Website: AxumCoffee.com
- Website: LoveMadeVisible.com
- Facebook: @RenautvdR
- Instagram: @RenautVanDerRiet
- Linkedin: Renaut Van der Riet
- Twitter: @Renautv
- Book: What Great Ministry Leaders Get Right (2021)
BRAND & RESOURCE MENTIONS:
- Hebrews 10:24-25 - Hebrews 10:24-25
- Navy Seals - Military.com
- Braveheart (movie) - IMDB.com
- Paul (Bible) - OverviewBible.com
- Willow Creek - Wikipedia
- Rick Warren - PastorRick.com
- Hillsong Church - Hillsong.com
- Third Day - Wikipedia
- Toby Mac - TobyMac.com
- Jars of Clay - JarsOfClay.com
- COVID-19 - CDC.gov
- Stephen Covey - Wikipedia
- Nick Saban - Wikipedia
- Apple - Apple.com
- Starbucks - Starbucks.com
- Walmart - Walmart.com
- Hard Rock International – HardRock.com
- Thoughts That Rock – ThoughtsThatRock.com
- Certified Rock Star - CertifiedRockStar.com
- Culture That Rocks: How to Revolutionize Your Company’s Culture (Jim Knight) – CultureThatRocks.com
- Black Sheep: Unleash the Extraordinary, Awe-Inspiring, Undiscovered You (Brant Menswar) - FindYourBlackSheep.com
- Rock ‘n Roll With It: Overcoming the Challenge of Change (Brant Menswar) – RocknRollWithIt.com
- Cannonball Kids’ cancer – CannonballKidscancer.org
- Big Kettle Drum - BigKettleDrum.com
- Spectacle Photography (Show/Website Photos) – SpectaclePhoto.com
- Jeffrey Todd “JT” Keel (Show Music) - JT Keel
RENAUT VAN DER RIET'S BIO:
Renaut is passionate about living, teaching, and leading in a way that shows the Gospel of Jesus to be true and beautiful.
He lives out that passion first and foremost with his family. Of all the roles he fills, none is as important to him as being a husband to his wife, Brooke, and father to their eight children, four of whom are adopted from Ethiopia.
In 2002, he and Brooke founded Mosaic Church in Winter Garden, a suburb of Orlando. With a continually growing congregation, Mosaic was one of the top ten fastest-growing churches in America in 2018. Under Renaut’s leadership-by-example, the church has become a nationwide pacemaker for fostering and adoption and a sought-after model of how ministries can respond to childhood special needs and trauma care.
Renaut’s work bringing hope to hard places extends far beyond the walls of Mosaic Church. In 2009 he started Love Made Visible, a nonprofit organization that equips families, individuals, churches, and agencies to care for orphans and vulnerable children across the United States and around the world, including in Africa, Latin America, and China. The following year, he and Brooke founded Axum Coffee Company, a growing chain of coffee shops and restaurants whose goal is to fund social justice initiatives and also invite people into that story and work of redemption.
Most recently, Renaut is developing The ReStory, a project aimed at providing Gospel clarity to followers of Christ and extending them an invitation to consider how their lives might be different if they dared to believe Galatians 5:1: “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.”
Renaut's book, What Great Ministry Leaders Get Right is due out in March 2021 and is currently available for pre-order.