TWiV 671: Prizes, polio, and a pandemic puzzle
Daniel Griffin provides a clinical report on COVID-19, then Amy joins us to discuss the 2020 Chemistry Nobel Prize for gene editing using CRISPR/Cas9, continuing circulation of poliovirus in Afghanistan, inborn errors of interferon in patients with severe COVID-19, and listener questions.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASH guidelines on anticoagulants in COVID-19 patients (ASH)
- Followup of adults with noncritical COVID-19 (Clin Micr Inf)
- Tocilizumab in COVID-19 ICU patients (Lancet Rheum)
- Tech position with Dr. Rosenfeld
- Biological safety officer position at CUMC
- Support MicrobeTV at Parasites Without Borders
- 2020 Nobel Prize Chemistry (pdf)
- Progress towards polio eradication Afghanistan (MMWR)
- Inborn errors of IFN and serious COVID-19 (Science)
- Letters read on TWiV 671
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks
Amy - Coronavirus : A book for children by Kate Wilson and Nia Roberts Alan - Lost Prologue Rich -RAPS COVID-19 vaccine tracker Vincent - A Crack in Creation by Doudna and Sternberg and Sternberg on TWiM 184
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org