EP26 Part1: Understanding Lyme Disease with Dr. Kevin Conners
As discussed in episodes 19 & 20 of TheEdTalks with Dr. Greg Emmerson, Lyme disease is a widespread illness that many people have still never heard of and that many more are suffering with. This is a disease that if treated early can be eliminated but if left unchecked, can knock people down in many varied ways; chronic fatigue being just one of them.
The importance of understanding Lyme disease was made very real for me when I discovered a tick on my son's arm only days before recording this episode - very uncanny, especially since I had never seen a tick in our town previously.
In these episodes Dr. Kevin Conners, who himself has contracted Lyme disease twice before, helps us understand how to approach treating each stage of the disease. There's lots of valuable information that you'll gain from listening to these episodes.
- What is Lyme disease
- Why the bacteria that causes Lyme disease is so problematic
- The different stages of Lyme disease and symptoms
- How autoimmune diseases can develop
- Why boosting your immune response or supplementing with herbals may not be a good idea
- Methods for treating Lyme disease
- Can Lyme disease be sexually transmitted
- Why pregnant women should be extra cautious of tick exposure
- What action to take if you find a tick on you
- Why you should be cautious of nutritional based websites promoting cures for Lyme disease
- 3 tips to feel energized and to become healthy and happy.
- Cracking the Metabolic Code by James B. LaValle (Amazon link)
- The Purpose Principles by Jack Ducey (Amazon link)
- Dr. Conners's Free Lyme disease Ebooks & Videos
- Dr. Conners’s Website, Facebook & Twitter pages
- Audible Free Trial for TheEdTalks listeners!
- Lyme Disease Association of Australia website & Facebook page
- Lyme Disease Association Inc (USA) website & Facebook page
- Images of ticks and HOW TO REMOVE THEM SAFELY! (VERY IMPORTANT)
It’s in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.Music:
Intro song “Sunday Plans” by Silent PartnerOutro song “Ocean” by Eddie DonatoHelp Spread the Word!
Thanks for listening to this episode of TheEdTalks. Have you, or are you still suffering from Lyme disease? What have you found helps to manage the disease?
If you haven’t already, please take a moment to leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes. This will really aid our mission to help mums and dads Feel Energized Again and make the world a Healthier & Happier place. Please use this AMAZON LINK when purchasing items online. It means we get a small commission (and you pay NO EXTRA) helping us pay for the podcast.