EP232: Why Agents Don't Book 40 Appointments Weekly: Training (Part 3 of 4)
On this episode of The Wednesday Call podcast, Andy Albright continues his four-part series on why agents don't book 40 appointments weekly. In Part 3, Andy covers the topic of training.
The Four Reasons:
1. BELIEF (Lack of)
2. EXPECTATIONS (Absence of)
3. TRAINING (Lack of)
4. FEEDBACK/RECOGNITION (Absence of)
3. TRAINING QUOTE:
"Anything that you learn becomes your wealth, a wealth that cannot be taken away from you." -- C. JoyBell C.
Moral: Whether you learn in a building called School or in the School of life, the act of allowing yourself to be trained a new skill becomes a timeless pleasure and a valuable treasure. And not all the things you are trained on are taught, but rather caught with a grateful and humble spirit.
The Four Steps to Promote Agent Learning
1. DEMONSTRATION or Seeing (The teacher performs the skill in real time).
Possible Blockage: The learner doesn't know how to do it.
2. DECONSTRUCTION or Concentrating (The teacher performs every step slowly).
Possible Blockage: The learner is uncomfortable doing it.
3. COMPREHENSION or Acquiring (The student describes every step to the teacher).
Possible Blockage: They think they already know it all.
4. EXECUTION or Doing (The student simultaneously narrates and executes each step solo).
Possible Blockage: They don't know why it is done that way.
The Four Connecting Pieces of Training:
1. Preparation ensures motivation (confidence and initiative). It produces the acceptance piece.
2. Presentation ensures transferral of content. It produces the attention piece.
3. Application ensures understanding (accuracy and consistency). It produces the correction piece.
4. Evaluation ensures transferral of accountability. It produces the identification piece.