EP232: 4 Reasons Agents Don't Book 40 Appointments: Expectations (Part 2 of 4)
On this episode of The Wednesday Call podcast, Andy Albright comes to you live from his home in Treasure Island, Fla. to talk about the importance of expectations.
This is the second of a four-part series on why agents don't book 40 appointments weekly.
The Four Reasons:
1. BELIEF (Lack of)
2. EXPECTATIONS (Absence of)
3. TRAINING (Lack of)
4. FEEDBACK/RECOGNITION (Absence of)
EXPECTATIONS QUOTE: "The quality of our expectations determines the quality of our actions." -- Jean-Baptiste Andre' Godin (French Entrepreneur 1817-1888)
Moral: Having lofty objectives yield lofty results, but making the results a priority determines the quality of the commitment.
The Four Steps to Combat the Absence of Expectations
1. OBJECTIVE (brings aim).
Possible Blockage: They don't know what to do.
2. RESULTS (brings clarity).
Possible Blockage: They think they are doing it.
3. PRIORITY (brings importance).
Possible Blockage: They think something else is more important.
4. COMMITMENT (brings obligation).
Possible Blockage: They don't know why they do it.
The Four Connecting Pieces of Expectations:
1. Intentions (clear and connected way to unfold the journey toward an outcome or result). It is the plan or strategy to carry out your goal or objective.
2. Concerns (interest and bearing that suddenly creates a newfound significance in the event which brands it a priority). The reward from the result produces an urgency that overshadows the negative aspects.
3. Liability (blameworthy and answerability is the measure of the degree an agent accepts responsibility and remains culpable throughout their commitment). The accountability within the priority determines how long it will remain significant.
4. Dedication (support and loyalty provide a strong foundation toward reinvesting in the goal or objective). Being devoted through commitment keeps the carrot front and center.