How to Maintain a Powerful Emotional IQ | Warrior Wealth | Ep 006
- To become a successful entrepreneur, businessmen are not normal in how they approach the perspective of making more money, keeping more money and growing more money.
- Garrett will be grateful for the rest of his life from learning about how to approach money after reading the book, Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki and the influence his game Cashflow had on his life as well as the lessons that he learned as a participant in Dan Sullivan's Strategic Coach that divides entrepreneurs up according to the amount of money they make.
QUESTION: What perspective do you currently have regarding making money?
Golden Nugget #2: The Exposure of Building Billions
- While Garrett heard Robert Allen share his Vision to build a life worth billions of dollars, he realized that he hadn't seen himself bigger, exposing the limited perspective Garrett had.
- He learned that the amount of money that he was making is directly linked to his perspective, therefore what he believed in based upon his experience that his vision could only be so big. He learned that when attending business events, the information may be in the room, but the deals happen in the hallways.
QUESTION: What is your overall vision? Where do you want to be in 20 years?
Golden Nugget #3: Meeting Yourself Much Older
- Garrett had a custom portrait painted for him that he has in his man cave that looks like an older version of himself, giving him continual inspiration to see himself from a higher perspective of where he wants to be 20 years from now
- When a man loses his vision, he loses perspective. And when he loses perspective, he loses power. He uses his experience with college football as an example of what happens when we lose our vision after not being clear about our perspective. The mindset of prevention is very similar to a man that doesn't want to lose. In that state, the businessman will lose every time.
QUESTION: Who would you have to become to carry out your Vision?
Golden Nugget #4: Back and Forth from OC to NYC
- Garrett's vision has a desire to grow that produces more wealth than any perspective of power that comes from having a vision that consumed him after seeing a condo in NYC that he knows he will have, like the home that he has in OC because he knows that it requires knowing who he has to become to make that happen.
- If our vision is weak, our power will also lack continuity, which will continue to occur until you are willing to invest in yourself as your own #1 Asset, sharing your Vision with others that you trust to make your Vision become their Vision. When we are clear as a man that takes a stand, elite people will follow. Otherwise, you become the #1 Liability instead.
QUESTION: What is preventing you from seeing your overall Vision? Where do you still lack perspective?
Golden Nugget #5: Experiencing the Pain of Being Completely Destroyed
- There's an arrogance that comes with not having the perspective of loss, which is why Garrett trusts men that have experienced the pain of seeing their business fall to the ground and learned how to rise back up through gaining a clearer perspective and vision. Only you can be the container for your power and vision to execute with courage.
- When you take your profits and invest it into your OWN business, you are investing in something you give a shit about because you're the Visionary for the company. All of that comes down to perspective through your Emotional IQ of dealing with growth, leadership and money.
QUESTION: What is your Emotional IQ behind the power that you have inside of your business? How is that different than your current Financial IQ?
When a man loses his vision, he loses perspective. And when a man loses perspective, he loses power.
Quote of the Week:
"My perspective is the limiter of my power and possibility. The most successful businessmen you will ever meet are men who have invested in perspective. They don't pay people to solve problems for them; they look for perspective. The amount of money that is made is directly linked to perspective and vision. Your power is lacking because your vision is weak. My vision sets the frame that gives me power to justify the investments that I make to invest in me as my #1 Asset."