Building A Business Remotely And The Labor Of Writing A Book With Diana Spalding
Diana is Motherly's Digital Education Editor. She is a midwife, pediatric nurse and founder of Gathered Birth. In this episode Diana discusses the process of becoming an author, how businesses can succeed allowing employees to work from home and how her personal writer's mindset is different from her own as an Editor.
Diana also answers audience questions and responds to some clever tweets about parenting.
- 4:18 - Making the transition to working remotely
- 6:58 -Getting started with launching a digital company and finding a mentor to help
- 10:03 - Writing my first book
- 21:35 - Your work doesn't have to be hard
- 31:51 - We have a tub and dining room pooper!
- 35:16 - My house is clean I promise! (we're not perfect)
- 39:12 - How to escape the unnecessary stress and we're putting on ourselves
- 43:13 - Picky eating - a survival skill
- 46:00 - RAPID FIRE QUESTIONS -
- 46:28 - The worst thing about parenting
- 49:45 - Best single piece of advice for soon to be fathers