Skype | Classroom Uses You Haven't Thought Of
Today I chat with two educators who are all about Skype in the classroom. Jeni Long & Salleé Clark (who go by the dynamic duo name of Jenallee) are two Microsoft Innovation Educators with over 36 years in education collectively.
In our conversation, we discuss:
- how teachers are using Skype to supplement the work they're doing in their classes by Skyping in experts to speak with their classes or having their classes Skype with another classroom around the world.
- how to interact with schools around the world when the time zones don't match.
- how your students can be video pen pals with other students (great language learning application)
- how your English language learners can use video to share their home culture with the classroom
- the technical aspects of running a Skype chat
- where to find vetted educators / safe contacts to chat with your class
- Class jobs so everyone has a role during the chat
- Main Skype in the classroom hub | education.skype.com
- Flipgrid for non-live video | flipgrid.com
- Skype in The Classroom on Twitter | @skypeclassroom
- Microsoft Innovative Educator hashtag | #mieexpert
CONNECT WITH JENI LONG & SALEÉ CLARK
- Jeni Long on Twitter | @JLO731
- Salleé Clark on Twitter | @salleeclark
- Jenallee on Twitter | @jenallee1
- The Jenallee Website | www.thejenalleeshow.com
CONNECT WITH THOM
SUPPORT THE PODCAST