20: A Pain in the Neck: Cervical Challenges and Strategies
20: Whitney and Til discuss assessment and treatment considerations unique to working with the neck and cervical region; how their respective training programs are adapting to the challenges of COVID-19; and much more.
In this episode,
- Neck issues: shifting from tissue fault to nociceptive driver
- Can we treat the neck in isolation?
- Thoughts on “text neck,” and more.
Resources discussed in this episode:
- The Relationship Between Forward Head Posture and Neck Pain: a Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis (Mahmoud et al 2019)
- Whitney Lowe’s site: AcademyOfClinicalMassage.com
- Til Luchau’s site: Advanced-Trainings.com
- Books of Discovery: save 15% by entering "thinking" at checkout on booksofdiscovery.com.
- ABMP: save $24 on new membership at abmp.com/thinking.
- Handspring Publishing: save 20% by entering “TTP” at checkout at handspringpublishing.com.
(The Thinking Practitioner Podcast is intended for professional practitioners of manual and movement therapies: bodywork, massage therapy, structural integration, chiropractic, myofascial and myotherapy, orthopedic, sports massage, physical therapy, osteopathy, yoga, strength and conditioning, and similar professions. It is not medical or treatment advice.)