"Diet Shmiet": How to Break the Dieting Cycle [Ep. 2]
Off the top of your head, how many "diets" would you say are on the market right now? Too many to count? And a little overwhelming, right? Yep, that's how I feel, too. Oh "diet-shmiets".
When we diet, we have to follow rules...restrictions and limitations that tend to bind us up and strip away our freedom to make decisions on our own. Most of us crave freedom from a life of dieting...the on-again-off-again rollercoaster of eating perfectly one minute and completely haphazardly the next. The dieting culture has chewed us up and spit us out, leaving us confused, disoriented and frustrated with our bodies.
In this episode, together we're going to dig beneath the surface of dieting and talk about why the dieting mindset can be so harmful for us.
I will teach you about:
- The danger with the "all-or-nothing" mentality and perfectionism
- The obsession and demonization of foods
- How to become an intuitive eater
- Healthy eating without the obsession
- And examining our hearts to see how deeply dieting has truly effected us.
We also talked about Psalm 139:23-24.
At the end of the episode, I answer YOUR questions about food, fitness, and faith/lifestyle!
1. Liz asks "Do you recommend any supplements?" ((29:45)
2. Sara asks "Is there an advantage to working out at a certain time of day?" (31:55)
3. Alyssa asks "What do you do when people comment on your eating choices in social situations?" (33:40)