Created with Sketch.
7 minutes | Nov 16, 2017
11/17/2017 - Ageism, Mashable's Sale, Techie Grocery Stores
1) With the learning curve rapidly changing, employees are finding it more and more difficult to stay ahead 2) The blog site, Mashable, sold for a fraction of its previous valuation, continuing a downward trend in internet media companies 3) Amazon is filling its Whole Foods stores with Amazon gadgets and staff just in time for the holidays
8 minutes | Nov 13, 2017
11/13/2017 - Harassment in the Workplace, Adidas on a "Run", The Battle for America's Pipes
1) Men are taking some interesting measures to make sure they're taken seriously when it comes to addressing sexual harassment in the workplace 2) Adidas' stock continues to go on a tear as they leave their competitors in the dust 3) America's plumbing is in desperate need for an overhaul and the Plastic and Iron companies are duking it for government contracts
8 minutes | Nov 10, 2017
11/10/17 - Sean Parker Laments, Instacart Surprises, Uber Expands
1) In an interview with Axios, Sean Parker made some pretty grave comments about Facebook's exploitation of human psychology 2) Instacart's initial fears stemming from Amazon's acquisition of Whole Foods have subsided thanks to strategic partnerships with other grocers 3) Uber is beginning to challenge service startups like TaskRabbit in an attempt to expand their offerings through unskilled labor services
9 minutes | Nov 8, 2017
11/08/17 - Disney's Dick Move, Ghost Ridin' Minivans, Songdo South Korea
1) Media outlets banded together in support of the LA Times after the publication released a damaging report on Disney's special status in Anaheim 2) Waymo is making huge strides in the driverless car race and Phoenix, AZ is the site of the first U.S. driverless car test. 3) Songdo, South Korea was designed with one goal in mind: efficiency. But does anyone care??
7 minutes | Nov 3, 2017
11/03/2017 - Local News Fails, American Pizza Wars, Tech in Your Hat
1)Popular NYC news sites are shutting down shortly after their writers unionized. Coincidence? Well, probably. 2)The actual Papa John thinks that the NFL player's protests are responsible for the pizza chain's declining sales...yes, he actually thinks that. 3)Ford has developed a new hat for truck drivers that helps track head movement to prevent drivers from falling asleep.
9 minutes | Nov 1, 2017
11/01/2017 - Happiness at Tech Firms, Supply Glut: Restaurants in America, Bezo's Billions
1) Tech companies are known for their perks but are their employees getting spoiled? 2) Powered by franchisee growth, restaurants are growing at an unprecedented and unsustainable rate in the US 3) Bezo's Billions are being spent on rocket ships that may save mankind but is that enough goodwill from the newest-richest man alive?
2 minutes | Oct 30, 2017
10/30/17 - BREAKING SNEWS - the SNEWS NEEDS YOU
We are celebrating our 5-week anniversary with a new interview segment focused on smart people who know cool stuff. Help kick start this next chapter of the SNEWS by sending ideas to email@example.com or hit us up on social @thesnewspod. LONG LIVE THE SNEWS
9 minutes | Oct 27, 2017
10/27/17 - Budweiser Gets Dethroned, CVS Gets Into Insurance, Walmart Deploys Bots
1)Budweiser is losing it's appeal in the US, with sales down 6% in Q3 2)CVS is developing a strategy to enter the health insurance market to help reach new customers 3)Walmart is adding shelf-scanning robots to 50 stores in the US to "save employees time", wink wink.
9 minutes | Oct 25, 2017
10/25/17 - Sony's Robo-Dog, A $500 Billion City, America's Monopoly Problem
1) Sony's new dog-shaped robot will be able to sit, lie down and turn on your A.C. 2) Saudi Arabia, the world's largest oil exporter, is building a $500 BN mega-city city to be run solely on renewable energy 3) Nobel laureate Joseph Stiglitz has a bone to pick with modern-day monopolies
8 minutes | Oct 23, 2017
10/23/17 - the Latest with Tesla, the Opioid Profiteers, the Robo-Revolution in the Stock Market
1) Tesla is up-ending the car insurance industry and Volkswagen's CEO isn't too happy about the company in general. 2)The Sackler family is doing everything they can to hide the origins of their opioid wealth. 3)Led by IBM's Watson, the robo-revolution could be a huge catalyst for change in the ETF space.
9 minutes | Oct 20, 2017
10/20/17 - 2 Developments at Google, WeWork's Absurd Valuation, The Bronx Bomber's Bet
1) Google Capital invests $1BN in Lyft & Sidewalk Labs is redeveloping Toronto's waterfront into a data-driven community 2) WeWork has been valued like a tech company but the jig might be up 3)The NY Yankees add to an existing portfolio of e-sports interests
9 minutes | Oct 18, 2017
10/18/17 - Ugly Shoes Trends, Why the Internet is Depressing, A Big Buy in the Aircraft Space
1) Big ugly shoes are only the latest trend brands are pursuing to attract sneakerheads 2) Due to a lack of editing contributions, Wikipedia's future is in serious jeopardy 3) Boeing is not pleased with the deal Airbus just completed with Canadian manufacturer Bombardier
9 minutes | Oct 16, 2017
10/16/17 - Impact from California Fires, Latest on Amazon's New HQ, Implications of Ride Sharing
1) The impact from California's wildfires has hit the marijuana industry even harder than the famed Napa vineyards. 2) Cities are making their final pitches to Amazon for their new headquarters, with Dallas being the SNEWS favorite. 3) A study from UC Davis highlights both the negative and positive consequences of ride sharing since the rise of Uber and Lyft.
9 minutes | Oct 12, 2017
10/13/17 - A Viral Anti-Virus, the Hyperloop Scoop, the Implications of Online Dating
1)The popular anti-virus software made by Kaspersky has put the U.S. government at risk due to it's own Russian malware. 2) Richard Branson has officially backed the Hyperloop One, now called the Virgin Hyperloop One. 3) An MIT study shows the positive social effects of online dating.
8 minutes | Oct 11, 2017
10/11/17 - Weinstein Bros. Woes, Robot Mail Trucks, Windows Phone Dead
1) Harvey Weinstein's brother, Bob, is left to pick up the pieces at the company formerly known as the Weinstein Co. 2)The USPS is looking to leverage self-driving technology to save money and time. 3)The Windows Phone is dead but at least Microsoft still pwns nO0bs.
9 minutes | Oct 9, 2017
10/09/17 - AIM's Departure, P&G vs. Peltz, Puerto Rican Tech
1) AOL is finally shutting down their instant messaging service (AIM). 2) P&G's fight with investor Nelson Peltz has become the most expensive shareholder battle ever. 3) Google and Tesla look to bolster Puerto Rico's recovery through crazy tech advances.
8 minutes | Oct 6, 2017
10/06/17 - Google's New Products, Amazon Announcements, Needy Millennials
1) Google announces new products to compete with Apple's iPhone and Airpods. 2) Amazon's back taxes/UPS competitor/recruiting domination 3)Older brands like Newman's Own struggle to connect with millennials.
8 minutes | Oct 4, 2017
10/04/17 - Buffet's Big Buy, Fresh Fake News, Microsoft's Music Bust
1) Berkshire Hathaway takes a massive stake in the largest U.S. truck stop operator. 2) Facebook and Google are in hot water after supporting fake news after the Las Vegas shooting. 3) Microsoft will discontinue their Groove music service at the end of this year.
8 minutes | Oct 2, 2017
10/02/17 - Zuck's Apology, Tesla Announcements, Adobe Photo-stop
1) Zuckerberg reflects on Facebook's role in the world. 2) Elon helps Puerto Rico and plans for the future. 3) France institutes a mandatory photoshop label on all touched-up model shots.
7 minutes | Sep 29, 2017
9/29/17 - Marriott vs. Airbnb, Munchies = Money, Ikea's Acquisition
1) Marriott's been making a major push into tech to counteract the "Airbnb Effect". 2) "Munchies" apparently have a huge impact on fast food sales. 3) Ikea's just made a major acquisition.
Terms of Service
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
© Stitcher 2022