148: How to budget like a pro (for your business) - with Mark Butler
Do you want to learn how to budget like a pro for your business? I want to encourage you to join me and for the rest of this month, aim to put the foundational building blocks in place, so your business is set to succeed in the new year ahead. One of those areas of focus is your accounting.
My special guest today is Mark Butler and he’s simplifying how to budget like a pro (for your business). With a curveball year like 2020, some have felt the pinch… while others have soared. In today’s conversation, we are breaking down the fundamental principles in bookkeeping, budgeting, and business finances in simple, simple terms, so you can feel empowered for the 12 months ahead.
Here’s how.My special guest today is Mark Butler and he’s simplifying how to budget like a pro (for your business).
We tackle and simplify all aspects of it, including:
- What the first step is to budgeting like a pro is, especially if you don’t have a degree in finance and how to determine where the money is leaking out from
- Looking back at how unpredictable 2020 was for most, how to plan wisely for the year ahead with our budgeting… it’s a plan A vs. plan B mentality
- What role ‘luck’ plays in budgeting and in running a small business… and how to use this knowledge to your advantage
- Many times people ask him to “figure out the money piece” for them, but actually, here’s what it all boils down to, most times
- …and ultimately, we talked about the current “hustle & grind” mentality out there and how there’s a better way to work, as it relates to how you budget and manage your business finances
Look, I realize budgets and bookkeeping isn’t a very exciting topic for some… and as you dip, duck, and dive through the holiday season, the tendency is to say, “oh, I’ll look at that later.” But I really want to encourage you to focus a little time this week specifically to this aspect of your business.
30 minutes or an hour, whatever you can lock into your calendar will be time well spent to get your books in order and start mapping out the new year with a financial plan in place. When you do that, you’ll feel more calm, more centered, and ready for whatever may come. The opportunity is yours for the taking!Q: Are you ready to budget like a pro? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
Show notes available with all LINKS mentioned here: https://thesimplifiers.com/podcast/mark-butler-budget-like-a-pro