147: How to become an excellent public speaker - with Michael J. Gelb
What does it take to become an excellent public speaker? My snarky friends would quickly say, “a voice and an audience, right?” Wrong, wrong, wrong. Obviously, there is so much more to it and that’s what I’d like to uncover, especially if the art of public speaking has been a mystery for you.
My special guest today is Michael J. Gelb and he’s simplifying how to become an excellent public speaker. No matter what role you play in your work, honing the skill of public speaking will be a critical factor in your success. I can almost guarantee it.
Here’s how.My special guest today is Michael J. Gelb and he’s simplifying how to become an excellent public speaker.
We tackle and simplify all aspects of it, including:
- Why he believes that public speaking is the #1 skill you can cultivate that’ll supercharge your career
- How to “set the stage” before you speak and what role your nervous system plays in all of this
- Why he uses mind mapping to structure his message and how it helps him have better empathy with the audience
- What the Alexander Technique is and how it’ll help you become an excellent public speaker
- …and ultimately, you’ll learn a few ways you can take today’s conversation and translate it into virtual meetings and online events, detailing a few of the challenges you must overcome.
While lately, in-person meetings have turned into Zoom calls and conferences have gone online, now more than ever, we must be effective communicators to motivate our teams, inspire others, close sales, and drive business forward. We all must become excellent public speakers if we want to not only survive in this day and age, but also thrive. Michael shows us a way.Q: Are you ready to become an excellent public speaker? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
Show notes available with all LINKS mentioned here: https://thesimplifiers.com/podcast/michael-gelb-become-an-excellent-public-speaker