Created with Sketch.
The Schibsted Digital Marketing Podcast
35 minutes | Nov 19, 2018
Episode 11 - Different strokes for different folks
If you're considering a move into a different market for your news product this is the episode for you.
36 minutes | Oct 9, 2018
Episode 10 - Who, what, why and whatever. We talk segmentation.
People are different and those differences are reflected in difference in their consumption, interests and behaviour. We talk about different ways of segmenting and how the newsroom has successfully used some of them.
35 minutes | Sep 10, 2018
Episode 9 - A podcast episode about podcasts
News brands have been producing podcasts for some time already, but lately they have become better, more professionally produced. But how does the road look going forward?What do you have to think about when approaching podcasts for your media company? We discuss and provide some tips on what we would do.
41 minutes | Aug 9, 2018
Episode 8 - Branding
What is our perspective on working with brands in news media? We talk about how we think news brands have changed, and what we believe are challenges in the future.
34 minutes | Jul 10, 2018
Episode 7 - Paying for online news is the new black
What does the future hold for online news? We examine how the market has shifted with the rise of the subscription economy and how that works for organizations that have largely been driven by a mix of subscription and ad funded industry. We also look at some stats and try to understand the why and how of them, and of course what they mean for us. With only 15% of people in Norway saying they are willing to pay for online news, what do the remaining 85% need from us to hit that "subscribe"-button? Are people under 25 years old fundamentally different from other people?
33 minutes | Jun 9, 2018
Episode 6: Retaining you, retaining me, automatically
Special guest Tor Marius Espedal from Schibsted's Customer Experience team joins us to discuss how marketing automation can be an effective retention tactic. We also get his thoughts on why his team recently won the Oracle Markie award for "Best Overall Customer Journey" for the setup they've created for the Schibsted subscription papers.
35 minutes | May 10, 2018
Episode 5: Buying eyeballs
How to think about programmatic marketing for news organizations.
31 minutes | Apr 9, 2018
Episode 4: The resurrection of culture journalism
Culture and Debate editor Sarah Sørheim talks us through the fantastic journey her section has had the last year. It's all about the attention economy coming to newspapers and how they found a way to be successful in that environment.
40 minutes | Mar 21, 2018
Episode 3: Audience acquisition
There are many approaches to successful acquisition. There are volume driven options and there are quality driven tactics. We discuss Aftenposten's journey from 2011 and some of the strategies and tactics we've employed, as well as some next steps.
31 minutes | Feb 27, 2018
Episode 2: Retaining you, retaining me.
In this episode we discuss how we work with communication and media to try to retain our subscribers.
33 minutes | Feb 7, 2018
Episode 1: Facebook's power to change everything
In this episode we discuss the changes Facebook have hinted at. What do those changes mean and how can publishers prepare for them?
Terms of Service
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
© Stitcher 2022