Created with Sketch.
The Rom Complex
58 minutes | Feb 2, 2023
154. It’s Complicated: But He’s Still in Love with You
Enough with those youthful ingenues from last month! This month it’s all about those characters with a bit more life experience, starting with 2009’s It’s Complicated. We discuss the delightful Meryl Streep,...
54 minutes | Jan 26, 2023
153. Fire Island: You Tell Me You’re in Love with Me
We love enjoying a movie even more upon re-watch, and that’s exactly what happened with Fire Island (2022). It’s a Pride & Prejudice homage that makes exactly as much reference as it...
59 minutes | Jan 19, 2023
152. Meet Cute: Love Is Real. This Is Not, It’s Very Fake, It’s Inorganic.
Shelby is back on her time travel bs because we’re talking about Meet Cute (2022)! I didn’t feel like listening back through the episode to help me remember what we talked about,...
60 minutes | Jan 12, 2023
151. Rosaline: That’s Not How Love Works. It Isn’t Rational.
Please ignore the fact that I (Shelby) recorded using the wrong microphone input and instead focus on our discussion of 2022’s Rosaline! We talk about our plot expectations, what it would take...
61 minutes | Jan 5, 2023
150. Something from Tiffany’s: I Love That Something Beautiful Always Comes Out of the Mess
New year, new movies, same Sam and Shelby fun! We’re kicking off 2023 with Something from Tiffany’s (2022), another movie in a long line of movies about a widower with a child...
59 minutes | Nov 24, 2022
149. Falling for Christmas: My Followers Will Love it
It’s the Lohanaissance baby! We’re talking about Lindsay’s new movie Falling For Christmas (2022) and boy are we excited. There’s selective amnesia, there’s a curly-haired child, there’s a real Santa–everything you could...
53 minutes | Nov 17, 2022
148. Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen: Leaving Behind My Beloved City
LiLo is in her teen acting prime in 2004’s Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen! We discuss life bits, trash day in New York City, and never missing out on the opportunity...
55 minutes | Nov 10, 2022
147. Get A Clue: The Man She Loves is Missing
Do you remember where you were when 2002’s Get a Clue came out? If not, don’t worry–we’ve got you covered. That’s right, WE know EXACTLY where you were. On this episode, we...
57 minutes | Nov 3, 2022
146. The Parent Trap: But This is an Emergency. Dad’s in Love.
We’re kicking off Lindsay Lo-vember with some double trouble because we’re talking about The Parent Trap (1998)! We discuss the ridiculous parenting arrangement, crying children, and whether Meredith was the villain. Enjoy...
59 minutes | Oct 27, 2022
145. Clueless: I Am Totally Butt Crazy in Love with Josh
AS IF we’d be talking about 1995’s Clueless on this episode. Wait, we are? Oh. Yeah. I knew that. Come to hear about the film, stay to hear Shelby and Sam debate...
63 minutes | Oct 13, 2022
143. The Beautician and the Beast: I’m Not Afraid to Fall in Love
Listen up divas and dictators, because we’re talking about The Beautician and the Beast (1997). We discuss gruff men, arranged marriages, and a very special announcement. Talk to the hand!
61 minutes | Oct 6, 2022
142. The Ugly Truth: Especially When I’m in Love with a Psycho Like You
You’re the best, listeners. Not happy with that? Too bad, it is, just like the movie we talk about in this episode, The Ugly Truth (2009). We talk about vulnerability, holding men...
58 minutes | Sep 29, 2022
141. Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar: I Love You with All My Fart
Closing out Silly September we have Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar (2021)! Shelby and Sam giggle their way through discussions of friendship conflict, Floridian decor, and harnessing your own...
61 minutes | Sep 22, 2022
140. The Duff: A Dark Booth? I Love It When You Talk Dirty to Me.
Join us and some OBVIOUS adults for the teen romcom The Duff (2015). We discuss hot friends, cringe behavior, and the low, low, stakes of high school homecoming.
61 minutes | Sep 15, 2022
139. The Wedding Pact: You Love Her, Man! You’ve Always Loved Her.
This time it’s Shelby bringing in a truly baffling movie with 2014’s The Wedding Pact. We talk about mediocre-looking men, prenups, and why we hate being guilt-tripped by cash registers.
62 minutes | Sep 8, 2022
138. Sam: All Women Love Makeovers, Right?
This week we discuss the baffling gender-switch romcom Sam (2015). Does it have something important to say about gender? Absolutely not. We, however, have plenty to say about performative relationships, how different...
66 minutes | Sep 1, 2022
137. Dudley Do-Right: A Confession of Love from a Moose (with James AKA Marsh Land Monster)
This week’s guest James (Marsh Land Monster, Mostly Speakin’ Sentai, Marsh Land Media) nonsensically chose the movie Dudley Do-Right (1999) so we talk about that! We also discuss Canada, carnivals, and James’s...
59 minutes | Aug 25, 2022
136. Austenland: I Certainly Didn’t Intend on Falling in Love, But…
Grab your… bonnets? I don’t know what they wear. Grab whatever hats they wear in Jane Austen books and join us as we talk about Austenland (2013)! We discuss funny boys, Jennifer...
60 minutes | Aug 18, 2022
135. The First Time: You Are in Love with Her Smile and Her Hair Tucking
Sam forces Shelby to slum it through another virginity tale with this week’s movie: The First Time (2012)! We talk monologues, teen decision-making, and the manic pixie dream girl urge to drink...
59 minutes | Aug 11, 2022
134. Chasing Liberty: They Want You to Have Love, Find Love, and Value Love, but Not Make Love, Ever!￼
Hop on your scooter and come with us as we go Chasing Liberty (2004)! We discuss human anatomy, overprotective fathers, and Shelby’s capacity for forgiveness. Oh, and don’t forget our boy Matthew...
Terms of Service
Your Privacy Choices
© Stitcher 2023