Emotional consequences of retirement
In this episode, Roy speaks with Caroline Clarke, a Psychotherapist based in Brighton who helps people navigate major life changes such as retirement.
They discuss how you can prepare for a positive and successful retirement from an emotional and wellbeing perspective, including:
- The difference between expectations and reality of retirement
- Managing expectations of others and setting boundaries
- Coping with a loss of purpose and structure from work
- The link between mental and physical health
- Dealing with unexpected retirement