Created with Sketch.
The Podge Cast
32 minutes | Jul 21, 2012
TPC Jubilee: 20(0)-ish in 20(0)-ish
Vote for Law of the Geek for an ENnie here! This is a bunch of listener submitted clips all answering one question: What would you say in farewell to The Podge Cast? Thanks to everyone who submitted!
106 minutes | Jul 19, 2012
Podge Jubilee: Marvel Heroic Roleplaying Episode 3
Marvel Heroic Roleplaying session 3! The final session we've played from the game. Enjoy!
223 minutes | Jul 19, 2012
Podge Jubilee: Marvel Heroic Roleplaying Episode 2
The second session of our Marvel game! This one is a little less focused, but it gets exciting toward the end.
270 minutes | Jul 19, 2012
Podge Jubilee: Marvel Heroic Roleplaying Episode 1
Eric's been running Marvel for us these last few weeks. Here's the actual play from that game that he doesn't want you to hear! Enjoy!
121 minutes | Jul 8, 2012
TPC 198: The Final Countdown
* Clyde's stretch goal for This Just In's Indiegogo campaign! * This is a long one folks, strap in! * The new Penny Arcade game, and item management in video games and all the sundry pieces that go with that * Episode 200 will be live via Google Hangout! July 22nd at 2pm central! Details to come! * The Podge Jubilee! Content releasing every day! Whoo! * Luke is non-confrontational and goes on to demonstrate this throughout the episode… * Luke, David, The Killing * We spoil the finale Korra * Storytelling for women versus men, in discussing Magic Mike
49 minutes | Jul 1, 2012
TPC Examination 01: Lamentations of the Flame Princess Insanity!
I've matched up the individual Kickstarts below with title, author/artist and a link the project and the project status. If you're interested in any of them, it should be pretty easy to get a handle on what projects are available. Escaping Leviathan Aeron Alfrey Strange and Sinister Shores Johnathan Bingham The Seclusium of Orphone Vincent Baker/Cynthia Sheppard Towers Two Dave Brockie The Unbegotten Citadel Monte Cook/Eric Lofgren The House of Bone and Amber Kevin Crawford/Earl Geier Of Unknown Provenance Michael Curtis/Amos Orion Sterns Machinations of the Space Princess James Desborough/Satine Phoenix Horror Among Thieves Kelvin Green We Who Are Lost Anna Kreider The Land that Exuded Evil Cynthia Celeste Miller/Rowena Aitken Pyre Richard Pett/Michael Syrigos I Hate Myself For What I Must Do Mike Pohjola/Joel Sammallahti Broodmother Sky Fortress Jeff Rients/Stuart Robertson Normal for Norfolk Juhani Seppälä/Rich Longmore Poor Blighters Jeff & Joel Sparks/Mark Allen The Depths of Paranoia Jennifer Steen/Jason Rainville Red in Beak and Claw Jukka Särkijärvi/Jason Rainville The Dreaming Plague Ville Vuorela/Juha Makkonen
85 minutes | May 6, 2012
TPC 190: The Brown Game
* It's Explicit! * A Forge Midwest Recording! Hosts are Clyde from Theory from the Closet and Yellow Menace, Todd and Timo from The Jank Cast, and Paul and David from The Podge Cast * Apocolypse World opener, relationships, game intent, and Time Cellists * Does the RPG sphere need a common language? * The RPG Central Authority, or lack thereof * The Gaming Community * Dan Maruschak - Come at me, bro * The RPG Podcast Listener Survey! It's up and take it! * Tone on the internet. Slap a smiley face on it. * The Brown Game
56 minutes | Apr 29, 2012
TPC 189: Mecha Combiners with Chris Perrin
* Take the 2012 RPG Podcast Listener Survey! * Introducing Chris Perrin! The Mecha Role-Playing game, talking about his new project Mecha Combiners, which you can currently Kickstart * Beards. Playoffs and Beards. * Bollywood Mecha * Mecha and Mecha Combiners!
49 minutes | Apr 15, 2012
TPC 187: Dungeon World and Marvel
THIS EPISODE IS EXPLICIT * A little peek behind the mics - what we do right before we start recording * David continues bitching about The Walking Dead * Luke uses the word "Menses" and everyone hates him for it * Feedback Fridays! This was a while ago, so the announcement is somewhat old. You can see the current list here * Old cartoons - grow up, Eric * TMNT and old stuff * Brief Dungeon World talk, which turns into a longer discussion * We talk about how our group is dicks, which is hilarious * Marvel
80 minutes | Apr 1, 2012
TPC 186: Fred Hicks and Dinocalypse
* Fred Hicks of Evil Hat Productions! * Bully Pulpit's Durance, Eric is sad that he can't Kickstart it already * Kickstarter and Dinocalypse! * Chuck Wendig over at Terrible Minds! (Profanity Warning!) * Podge extended-host Daniel Solis' Happy Birthday, Robot * Book and Board Game production talk * Bits and Mortar and the PDF with a physical copy program * Origins, transparency, social media, Kickstarter, Marvel Heroic Role-Playing and Amber MUSH
56 minutes | Mar 18, 2012
TPC 184: The Stupidest D&D Question Ever
* James' Kickstarter is still up and going strong! They've been funded, but if you want in on the ground floor of this, get in! * Master the Met Thank Yous! - Undergopher! - @tresi! - Eric! - Becca, Evan and The Peanut! - Josh Thompson! - Kinkelaar! - Chris, from Wapcaplets! - Francis, Chris and their whole clan! - Eric and Ericka! * Baba Yetu is probably the greatest song ever recorded * David at the top of the met: http://www.runphotos.com/packages.cfm?file_name=1/853-1_0879.JPG * David recounts a harrowing tale from the Beggar's Carnivale * Paul discusses Twilight and Eric pretends like he's never seen it. He's unconvincing. We spoil Twilight. * Thor/John Carter/Doctor Who/etc * Mike Mearls' Baffling Tweet: - "What level do you need your character to reach to feel like you’ve had a satisfying campaign? How many weeks of play should that take? #dnd" * Eric and Matt go apeshit on this topic. (37:20, if you want to skip to the gaming stuff) *David talks a lot this episode.
70 minutes | Mar 4, 2012
TPC 182: Within the Devil’s Reach
* This episode is explicit * Master the Met is happening again, so if you've got some spare cash to donate to the Law of the Geek team, we'd really appreciate it! * Josh Mannon is in the studio tonight! * At the Table Games * Dungeon World a mod/hack/product of Apocolypse World * What makes Apocolypse World work, and how that translates to Dungeon World * Dungeon World and Apocolypse World take a back seat to us talking about the Twilight novels. Seriously. * Then we talk about Within Devil's Reach, Josh's Kickstarter Dungeon World adventures. The project ends on March 24, so if you like what you hear, head on out there and back it!
108 minutes | Feb 5, 2012
TPC 178: Statistics
* This episode is explicit * This episode was recorded forever ago - shortly after Gencon * The results of the RPG Podcasts Listener Survey can be found here! And the survey's appendix can be found here! * And then the analysis!
56 minutes | Dec 4, 2011
TPC 169: The Bridge To Atlantasia
*THIS EPISODE IS EXPLICIT *Pardon the reduced sound quality. We all had to Skype in this episode. *Welcome back Kevin from The Walking Eye. He's here to occupy trad street *Mythender's charity drive *Ghost Pirates Kickstarter *Buy Iron Tyrants *The Atlantasia article that started it all *Atlantasia homepage *Gaming community reactions *Gaming community obligations *Fantasy Heartbreakers *Palladium Conversions and Adam Pinilla, Attorney at Law *Dirty Thirties *Discussions about this topic: Rob Donoghue, Judd Karlman, Cam Banks
83 minutes | Oct 30, 2011
TPC 164: How To Interview
Interview Tutorial Jenn from the Jennisodes Clyde from Theory from the Closet, Yellow Menace, Sammich Zen, and prod. of That’s How We Roll S03 Tim from WTF Are We Doing?The way I see it, interviews really break down into three main components: 1) ...
69 minutes | Oct 23, 2011
TPC 163: Cam Banks’ Day Off
* Cam Banks of Margaret Weis Productions * Smallville's Pathways System * Indie influences * Licensed systems as a toolbox, instead of a gateway to that property * The Marvel RPG and its release plans
57 minutes | Oct 2, 2011
TPC 160: Analyzing Fun
• Definitioncast – Cushman destroys Adam in an argument • Sausagefest was awesome • Alcohol distribution is science • You must see this video, it will change your worldview: http://tpc.spookyouthousemedia.com/podgecar.m4v • We’re taking a break from making high-quality shows this week • Dan Harmon’s wheel of plot: http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/09/mf_harmon/ • Adam’s gaming evolution, should it be taught in public schools? • Daniel Solis is our gaming Buddha, why do his games produce a different feel of fun? • Captain Planet goes Awry: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/5876f2aced/don-cheadle-is-captain-planet
77 minutes | Sep 18, 2011
TPC 158: Analyzing the Industry with Ed
* Ed Healy joins us! * The Gamerati tour is in its second month and you can donate here! What’s important to a successful Retail venture? * Defining “successful” itself can be problematic, how is it differentiated from survival if at all? * “Fan” owners vs. “Businessmen” owners, and the intersection of both; are both necessary for success? I think probably. Is one more important than the other? * The gamer-shame phenomenon extends to store owners; a sense of not being in a real business? Does this attitude negatively impact potential for sales? Community and the Retail store * How much does community outreach matter to a game store’s success? The Fantasy Shop’s scale of sales was suggested to outstrip any immediate impact by any potential community events. Cost/benefit analysis? * There was an odd dichotomy, a sense of pride that the shop’s employees do work hard to build a sense of community but statements indicating that the community was supplemental, not essential. * At the management level the Fantasy Shop adopts a “Call us, we won’t call you” policy. They will be open to providing space for events and promoting them, but won’t instigate or do the legwork to help make an even happen. Event management not a priority compared to other work to be done. * Gaming space as a supplement, not a necessity. Retail space for inventory to support sales volume the priority. * Good Evangelist (polite game mentors) vs. Bad Evangelist (creepers). Can they sort themselves out, does it serve the store to encourage good ones, discourage bad ones, or both? Game Economics 101 * Costs vs. Sales – Personnel, property, inventory. Maintaining appropriate inventory to current and anticipated sales volume. * Inventory management boils down to doing the math on turnover – example target is to average about 4 sales per unit stock per year. If this is not met, stock fewer fringe items, focus on core sales. If it’s exceeded, increase stock – if core items are not actually selling out, bring the average down by stocking slower moving items (such as Indy games). * Start off smaller; don’t try to stock everything before your sales support it. Looking towards the future * Is physical game retail dying? The Ryan Dancey phenomenon. * Overlooked expenses of online retailing – shipping costs, manpower to move significant quantities of material, IT support, warehouse storage costs. * Deep Discounters as a m
59 minutes | Sep 11, 2011
TPC 157: Professor White’s Reality is Broken Part 2
PODGECAST MCGONIGAL STUFF OUTLINE Overview Discussing using games, and specifically software-assisted games, as a core framework for doing work. Discussion using what serious researchers have learned about games at work to understand how to make...
49 minutes | Sep 4, 2011
TPC 156: Professor White’s Reality is Broken Part 1
Podgecast McGonigal Stuff Outline Overview Discussing using games, and specifically software-assisted games, as a core framework for doing work. Discussion using what serious researchers have learned about games at work to understand how to make...
Terms of Service
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
© Stitcher 2022