64: How Often To Wash Your Underwear
Are you tired of your favorite clothing getting ruined or falling apart? There’s a good chance you are washing your clothes far too often. Every time you put an article of clothing through a wash cycle it takes time off it’s life. Some clothes shouldn’t be washed every single time you wear them or they’ll turn into rags far sooner than they should.
The less you wash your clothes the better, but that can enter into dangerous territory as well. If you don’t wash often enough, your clothes will begin to smell and you’ll offend those around you. It’s difficult to find the right balance, but there are some clues that will help you know often to toss your laundry into a machine. How much skin does ensemble touch? What kind of material is it made out of? How soiled is it?
This episode of Real Men Real Style looks at the number of times an article of clothing should be washed based on several factors. For example, you may be able to wear your suit up to 50 times without washing it? Download now to find out more.5 ways to increase clothing lifespan:
- Spot clean often.
- Avoid putting clothes in the dryer.
- Wear undershirts.
- Don’t wear nice clothes when heavily exercising.
- Clean clothes at the end of their seasons.
- Your clothes have a number of lives.
- You can only wash articles so many times before they are too old.
- Treat noticeable stains as soon as possible.
- When an article of clothing comes into contact with a large area of skin, change it daily.
- Underwear, socks, undershirts.
- You may need to change more if heavily exercising.
- T-shirts and polos can be worn 2 times if you don’t sweat in them heavily.
- Hoodies and dress shirts can be warn up to 3 times.
- You typically wear clothing under these articles.
- If you don’t wear an undershirt under your dress shirt, only wear it once.
- Jeans and sweaters can be worn up to 10-15 times between washings.
- When you do wash, wash gently and let them air dry.
- Wool can be reshaped in the wash.
- Dry clean at the end of sweater season.
- Suits, sports jackets, and coats can be worn up to 50 times between washing.
- Spot clean when you can.
- If it’s heavily soiled, even if you only wore it for an hour, it has to be washed.
Take care of your clothing as needed - no more, no less.
Show Notes: RealMenRealStyle.com/Episode64