Digging into the Infrastructure Report Card
Peggy grills guests on the ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers) Infrastructure Report Card. She talks with Thomas Smith, executive director, ASCE, and Pat Jones, executive director and CEO, IBTTA (Intl. Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Assn.), about how important infrastructure is, what has changed on the Report Card, and what has made the grade.
- Why we need to invest in infrastructure and what needs to happen to improve our infrastructure.
- The federal gas tax and what needs to happen in the future with vehicle-miles traveled.
- How valuable maintenance is on roads—and that we need to be more imaginative to potential failures.
- The role of innovation and technology such as sensors and AI (artificial intelligence).
- How to do things in a more sustainable and resilient way—while tapping into young minds.
(04.20.21 - #715)
IoT, Internet of Things, Peggy Smedley, artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data, digital transformation, cybersecurity, blockchain, 5G cloud, sustainability, future of work, podcast, Thomas Smith, ASCE, Pat Jones, IBTTA, Infrastructure Report Card