Episode 33: Why Nursing Advocacy Is Important
Alec Stone, ONS’s public affairs director in Washington, DC, joins Chris Pirschel to discuss the importance of oncology nursing advocacy, how nurses can get involved at the local and national levels, ongoing ONS events in health policy, and much more.
Music Credit: "Fireflies and Stardust" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0
Check out these resources from today’s episode:
- The NCPD activity for this episode has expired, but you can still earn NCPD through many other Oncology Nursing Podcast episodes. Find a full list of opportunities.
- Advocacy on the ONS Voice
- ONS’s Center for Advocacy and Health Policy
- Join ONS’s Capitol Hill Gang
- Advocacy 101: Making a Difference
- Experts Hold Conversations About Access and Affordability at ONS Policy Summit
- Health Policy Resources