Episode 139: How CAR and Other T Cells Are Revolutionizing Cancer Treatment
ONS member Cecily Snyder, BSN, RN, OCN®, BMTCN®, transplant case manager of the blood and marrow transplantation program at Nebraska Medicine in Omaha and member of the Metro Omaha ONS Chapter, joins Stephanie Jardine, BSN, RN, oncology clinical specialist at ONS, to discuss T-cell therapy and how it’s changed approaches to cancer treatment and patient management for oncology nurses.
Music Credit: "Fireflies and Stardust" by Kevin MacLeod
Licensed under Creative Commons by Attribution 3.0
Earn 0.5 contact hours of nursing continuing professional development (NCPD) by listening to the full recording and completing an evaluation at myoutcomes.ons.org by January 22, 2022. The planners and faculty for this episode have no conflicts to disclose, and the episode has no commercial support. ONS is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Check out these resources from today’s episode:
- Complete this evaluation for free NCPD.
- Oncology Nursing Podcast Episode 1: Experiences With CAR T-Cell Therapy
- ONS Voice article: Nurses Help Patients Weather the Storm of CAR T-Cell Therapy
- ONS Voice article: The Evolving Landscape of Cell Transplant Therapy in Cancer Care
- Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing supplement on CAR T-cell therapy
- ONS course: Immuno-Oncology for the Oncology Nurse Case Study—CAR T-Cell Therapy
- American Cancer Society’s information on types of stem cell and bone marrow transplants
- American Society for Transplantation and Cellular Therapy
- Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research
- Clinicaltrials.gov studies on CAR T-cell therapy
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society resources on CAR T-cell therapy
- National Marrow Donor Program