Tenth Ward Distilling Company : Warding off the Ordinary
Join Howard as he goes back to Frederick, Maryland, to meet Mark Vierthaler, Head Distiller at Tenth Ward Distilling Company. They’re going to talk about the emerging craft distilling industry in Maryland and their mission to ward off the ordinary with their unique but high-quality bottled spirits. If you want to know more about Maryland’s first Absinthe, you better stick around!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
● Why is Genever considered the grandfather of modern gin?
● Caraway Rye spirit’s distinct and divisive taste; either you’ll love it, or you’ll hate it!
● The truth about Absinthe, and the “holy trinity” behind it.
● Treating their customers with one-off releases - Pawpaw-infused spirit, anyone?
● Why American whiskey has a more aggressive taste than European whiskey?
● Giving craft spirits a chance; Just because it's local doesn't mean it's terrible.
● And more!
About Tenth Ward Distilling Company:
We are Tenth Ward Distilling Company. We are proud to be woman-owned. We are located in what used to be the Tenth Ward of Frederick City. Specializing in a variety of year-round spirits, we take claim to producing Maryland’s first absinthe (heck yes, it’s real absinthe), and have a passion for developing small-batch, one-time-only limited releases. Everything we make is non-traditional and unconventional, which is why we live fearlessly by our slogan – #wardoffordinary.
You can find Tenth Ward Distilling Company on:
● Website - https://www.tenthwarddistilling.com/
● Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/tenthwardco/
● Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/tenthwardco
● Instagram - http://instagram.com/tenthwardco
You can find Barrel Tasting with Howard Fletcher on:
● Website: https://barreltastingpod.com/
● Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BarrelTastingPod
● Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/barreltastingpod