056 - MOTHERHOOD MONDAY – Want to Raise Open-Minded Kids? Keep These 3 Things in Mind
At the core of it, raising open-minded kids means that our kids have the ability to notice and consider things that are different – and then reach for curiosity and compassion rather than judgment.
In today’s episode, I talk about exposing our kids to diversity and how we can start to foster their independent, critical-thinking skills.
I also coach on the crucial art of listening, and how our kids can’t begin to be open-minded until they’re willing to genuinely listen to the stories, perspectives, and concerns of others.
And finally, I challenge all of us parents to check ourselves – how are we modeling open-mindedness for our children? How are we responding to those around us with curiosity and compassion, rather than judgment?
- TAKE THE PERSONALITY PATTERN QUIZ - Personality Quiz
- 1-ON-1 COACHING: From Insight to Outcome - Life Coaching with Michelle
- CHECK OUT MY FREE 5-STEP MORNING ROUTINE FOR MOMS: My 5-Step Morning Routine
- MOTHERHOOD VILLAGE FB COMMUNITY: The Motherhood Village
- MOTHERHOOD INSTAGRAM: @michellegrosser.coach
“I love The Motherhood Podcast!” ← if that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing our show! This helps us support more women, just like you, on their motherhood journey. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!