277 - Breaking Down the 6 Different Types of Membership Launch
When people think about launching a membership, they think about the day that they finally open their doors for the very first time and welcome their first crop of new members.
It's a big deal!
However that grand opening isn't the only opportunity you have to launch...
There are different launch types for each stage of your business, depending on how far along you are in the membership site creation process, or what you might need your members to do to help get your product ready for market.
Listen in for a full breakdown of the 6 different launch strategies you can use at various stages of your membership journey...
Essential Learning Points:
- Validating your membership idea by running a pilot program
- The difference between launch strategy for open memberships vs closed door
- How to generate seed money to help you develop your membership idea
- The best way to reduce the stress of a big launch and ease yourself into the membership model
Important Links & Mentions:
- The 6 Different Types of Membership Launch
- When the closed door membership makes sense
- Jeff Walker's book, Launch
- Creating an MVP for your membership
- The lean live launch strategy
- Membership Academy
- The Membership Guys Facebook Group
“Your big launch event will usually be a week or two, where you're doing lots of promotional marketing activity to get as many eyeballs as possible on your launch – in the hopes that you'll get that influx of initial members.”
“The beta launch can be extremely useful for helping you to ensure that you are in absolute top shape, or as close as you can get to top shape, before you open the doors to your membership. And, it has the great side effect of also ensuring that you already have people there in your community.”
“If you know you need a little bit of a softer entry into the world of running an online membership, then a soft launch can work for you.”