271 - From The Vault: How to Start Building an Audience for Your Membership Site
A membership has many moving parts, lots of technical elements, and will take plenty of hard work to get started.
But there is one element of running a membership site that is constant and, if you don’t have it, you won’t keep your membership alive.
If you don’t have an audience, you won’t have a membership.
So, if you’re just starting out and eager to get your membership going, it’ll pay dividends if you invest in finding and growing your audience now. This classic episode of The Membership Guys will show you how.
Essential Learning Points:
- Why it’s important to build your audience before you release your product
- Where the best places are to look for your potential audience
- How finding your audience will also help you fine-tune your membership content and marketing strategy
- Where you can go to learn more about establishing and growing your audience
Important Links & Mentions:
- How to Generate Email Leads for Your Membership Site
- Using Segmentation to Increase Leads and Member Sales
- How To Use Content Marketing To Sell Your Online Membership
- Marketing Tactics for Attracting New Members
- 4 Ways to Discover What Your Audience REALLY Want from your Membership
“If you’re building a product, you need to have someone to sell it to!”
“Passionate people find each other and they congregate around different places online.”
“A lot of your initial audience building efforts are going to center around finding where your particular crowd are and hanging out with them.”
“Don’t take it for granted that your existing audience will have an interest in what you’re doing with your membership.”