270 - From The Vault: How to Set Boundaries with your Members
Setting boundaries is essential if you want your membership to be productive and positive for you – and your members.
But how do you do it without cutting people off, coming across as aloof or inaccessible, and how can you ensure your members are having their questions answered whilst still respecting your boundaries.
It’s certainly a balancing act, but it’s one you can perfect by putting into practice some of these tips and tricks. We’ve tested and refined these approaches over time with our own Membership Academy and our members have also found these approaches to be beneficial in their memberships too.
Tune in to find out how we, and many other membership site owners, set healthy boundaries with our members that benefit everyone.
Essential Learning Points:
- Why opening yourself up to more communication can actually reduce contact overwhelm
- Some of the best tools and tactics we’ve used to set healthy boundaries within our membership
- Why setting the right boundaries will benefit your members as much as you
Important Links & Mentions:
- Is Starting a Membership Website the Right Move for You?
- Recommended Tools & Resources
- How to Add an Online Forum to your Membership Website
- Live Membership Q&A with Mike and Callie
- Membership Academy
“Your members will contact you and any successful membership site owner will respond when they do reach out. That’s not to say that you can’t set boundaries and that you can’t be the one to set the terms.”
“When people know that they don’t have to try hard to reach you, that takes the urgency out of the equation.”
“Nobody should be in a position where they send you a message and they have no idea of when to expect a response.”
“Setting and managing expectations is good not just for you, but for your members too.”