90. How To Advocate Right Where You Are
Alright friends, you asked! And we’re answering.. What’s the most challenging part of advocacy for you? How do you advocate if you don’t have tons of followers? What do you wish people knew about your child with DS? And how do you keep from comparing yourself to other advocates?... We’re chatting about all of this + more today! Because let’s face it, advocacy is exciting and rewarding but also hard and messy. So let’s give each other grace and keep showing up. Wherever we are.
Check out some of our fave episodes on advocacy!
- EP 10: Inclusion - An Educator’s Perspective with Kristin Enriquez Pt. 1
- EP 11: Inclusion - A Parents Perspective with Kristin Enriquez Pt. 2
- EP 44: Shifting the Diagnosis Narrative w/Carissa Carroll from Jack’s Basket
- EP 67: Unpacking Privilege & Understanding Intersectionality w/Jalondra Davis
- EP 85: Is Inclusion Always The Best Option?
- EP 86: Palliative Care & Parenting Our Heroes w/Jen Bartz
Listen to Nice White Parents on Apple podcasts
Learn more about owning your influence from Heather Avis!
Watch the Social Dilemma on Netflix.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions and Good News for future episodes.
HELP US SHIFT THE NARRATIVE
Interested in partnering with The Lucky Few Podcast as a sponsor? Email email@example.com for more information!--- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/theluckyfewpod/message Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/theluckyfewpod/support