#150 Role of Attachment in Adoption with Kimberly Beam Holmes, MA
"𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑛 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑓𝑒, 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑑, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑎𝑟𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑖𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 -- 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝑒𝑦𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑐𝑡, 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝑝ℎ𝑦𝑠𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑙 𝑡𝑜𝑢𝑐ℎ, 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑛𝑒𝑒𝑑𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑒𝑡."
In this episode of the Less Stressed Life Podcast, Kim Holmes, CEO of Marriage Helper shares her journey navigating through the adoption process and the role of attachment in adoption.
Kimberly shared her insight on:
- Finding the right adoption agency
- Navigating the adoption process
- Preparing for attachment and building trust
- Learning the needs and stories of adopted children
Mentioned in this episode:
- The Connected Child: Bring Hope and Healing to Your Adoptive Family Book by Karyn B. Purvis
Kimberly Beam Holmes has applied her master’s degree in psychology for over 10 years, acting as the CEO of Marriage Helper (an international relationship education company) & CEO and Creator of PIES University, being a wife and mother herself, and researching the ways that attraction affects people personally and the relationships that they hold dear.
Assess your Adrenals, Detox or Get my Guide
Join us on Instagram
Shop our Favorites
Loving the podcast? Leave us a review!