#146 Stopping the Sugar Rush with Wearable Glucose Monitoring with Levels co-founder Casey Means, MD
Hangry? Acne? Constantly Snacking? Irregular Periods? Hair Loss? PCOS?
Friends, this week's episode about blood sugar is a MUST-LISTEN!
In this episode of the Less Stressed Life Podcast, I chatted with Casey Means, MD, the co-founder of metabolic health company Levels, about the significance and symptoms of metabolic dysfunction and why everyone (not just those with diabetes) needs to start paying attention to their blood sugar.
Dr. Casey Means shared so many helpful tips on:
- Common signs of metabolic dysfunction
- What really causes insulin resistance
- The impact of stress on blood sugar
- Using personalized glucose testing to feel your best
Mentioned in this episode:
- The UltraMind Solution: Fix Your Broken Brain by Healing Your Body First Book by Mark Hyman, MD
- The Hormone Cure: Reclaim Balance, Sleep and Sex Drive; Lose Weight; Feel Focused, Vital, and Energized Naturally Book by Dr. Sara Gottfried
- Lifespan: Why We Age―and Why We Don't Have To Book by David Sinclair, PhD
- Deep Medicine: How Artificial Intelligence Can Make Healthcare Human Again Book by Eric Topol
- The Wahls Protocol by Dr. Terry Wahls
- Joel Fuhrman
- Michael Greger
Casey Means, MD is a Stanford-trained physician, Chief Medical Officer and Co-founder of metabolic health company Levels, and Associate Editor of the International Journal of Disease Reversal and Prevention. Her mission is to maximize human potential and reverse the epidemic of preventable chronic disease by empowering individuals with tech-enabled tools that can inform smart, personalized, and sustainable dietary and lifestyle choices. Dr. Means’s perspective has been recently featured in Forbes, Entrepreneur Magazine, The Hill, Metabolism, Endocrine Today, Endocrine Web, Well + Good, and Dr. Michael Greger’s (author of How to Not Die) video series. She is an award-winning biomedical researcher, with past research positions at the NIH, Stanford School of Medicine, and NYU.
Assess your Adrenals, Detox or Get my Guide
Join us on Instagram