27. Wise Woman Traditions in Pregnancy & Birth
I spent the weekend listening to the wonderful herbalist and Wise Woman healer, Susun Weed, about the Seven Rivers of Healing. Each week in my midwifery program, we have to give a short presentation on a specific topic, and this week I was assigned the Wise Woman Tradition of Healing and how it applies to birth, which I was excited for because Susun Weed has such an insightful way with the words she uses to speak about the Wise Woman Traditions and they are also very steeped in Chinese philosophy and medicine, one of my other favorite topics to study.
In fact, as I was going through her books again and listening to one of her Seven Rivers of Healing courses, I was inspired to create a mini Wise Woman Tradition course in my own online childbirth education program. So I just wanted to share some of this inspiring information with you here so it can serve you on your pregnancy and birth journey as well while I work on developing this new mini-course to provide another perspective of health and birth and how to own your own birth experience. If you love it and want to dive in deeper, you can find out more about my online childbirth program at NaturalBirthCompass.com/Course. If you are already in my childbirth course, then you will automatically get access to this course when it is ready!
The Seven Rivers go like this:
- Do Nothing|Embrace Emptiness|Serenity Medicine
- Collect Information|Investigate Options|Story Medicine
- Engage Energy|Restore Energetic Connections|Mind Medicine
- Nourish & Tone|Strengthen & Feed|Lifestyle Medicine
- Stimulate & Sedate|Incite Strong Response|Alternative Medicine
- Take Pills|Ingest Drugs|Pharmaceutical Medicine
- Break & Enter|Destroy & Remove Obstructions|High-Tech Medicine
If you want to get started working with me to prepare for you natural birth, you can visit NaturalBirthCompass.com/course to learn about my online childbirth preparation course and if it aligns with your vision for your birth, you can join right away with the on-demand content and join in for our monthly group coaching calls.