90: Jonathan Haidt | The Danger of Good Intentions and Safe Spaces
Jonathan Haidt (@JonHaidt) is a social psychologist who studies the American culture wars and is widely considered to be one of the world's leading experts on the psychology of morality. He is the co-author of The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure.What We Discuss with Jonathan Haidt:
- Why should we be preparing the child for the road and not the road for the child?
- How the concepts of safe spaces and trigger warnings are making our society less safe and less prepared for the real world.
- What we should be doing instead to prepare ourselves and our kids for reality.
- Cognitive distortions and how we become victims of our own flawed mindsets.
- The three fundamental untruths being perpetuated by academia and the media and how we can fight these influences.
- And much more...
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!Full show notes and resources can be found here.