435: Going to North Korea: Part One | Stereo Sunday
This is the second episode of Stereo Sunday, a little Stereo app-sponsored experiment we’re doing live in front of a studio audience of you! We will be live on Friday, November 27th at 2 p.m. PST, so download the Stereo app for iOS or Android here and follow along with us next time!
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/435On This Week's Stereo Sunday, We Discuss Travelling to North Korea:
- Gabe and Jordan traveled to North Korea (aka Democratic People's Republic of Korea -- or DPRK) together several times between 2011 and 2016.
- As bizarre as you've heard North Korea can be, the reality is probably even weirder.
- Do Gabe and Jordan have regrets about spending their tourist dollars in a country that routinely tries to goad the United States into nuclear confrontation and imprisons hundreds of thousands of its own citizens in slave labor camps?
- What are the dos and don'ts they lay out for Western tourists in orientation?
- First impressions of the airport and the island-isolated hotel where foreigners are kept.
- Travelers are accompanied everywhere by a guide/minder.
- Why tourists shouldn't argue with the locals about differing accounts of history.
- Is everything a tourist is allowed to see in North Korea just an elaborate "show?"
- Does everyone who lives there believe what the regime tells them?
- Download the Stereo app here and participate with us live on Friday, November 20th and 27th, at 2 p.m. PST!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Gabriel on Twitter at @GabeMizrahi.
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!