432: Larry Lawton | From Jewel Thief to Honorary Cop Part One
Larry Lawton (@LawrenceRLawton) stole over $18m in diamonds and spent 11 years in some of the toughest federal prisons in the country. He works with The Reality Check Program to keep youth out of trouble that would land them in prison, and is the co-author of Gangster Redemption: How America's Most Notorious Jewel Robber Got Rich, Got Caught, and Got His Life Back on Track. This is part one of a two-part episode. Stay tuned for the rest later in the week!What We Discuss with Larry Lawton:
- How young Larry fattened his wallet with $125 a week in 1972 (equivalent to over $750 a week today) with various scams, thefts, and hustles.
- How Larry wound up getting into the jewelry robbery game, and what he did to maintain control over the situation when he had a gun pulled on him his first time out.
- Why Larry spent over $10,000 to get a professional education in the jewelry trade when he decided this would be the focus of his criminal career.
- How a business owner can ensure their place isn't the one chosen when a potential robber is casing businesses in search of an easy target.
- How Larry would plan and execute a heist when he was a career criminal, and what he would do afterward to hide his trail from the inevitable investigation.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/432
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!