419: David Shimer | 100 Years of Covert Election Interference
David Shimer (@davidashimer) is a historian, foreign policy analyst, and author of Rigged: America, Russia, and One Hundred Years of Covert Electoral Interference.What We Discuss with David Shimer:
- Why the more polarized a democracy, the more vulnerable it is to foreign subversion.
- While we know that Russia interfered in the 2016 election and is working to interfere in the 2020 election, it's actually been attempting to subvert the integrity of our elections for the past century.
- Why every American, of every political persuasion, should be concerned about the interference of Russia -- or any other foreign power -- in our elections.
- What Russia really seeks to gain from undermining the democratic process not only in the United States, but around the world.
- Countermeasures the United States can use to defend itself against this kind of interference.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/419
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!