365: Benjamin Hardy | How to Break Free from Self-Limiting Beliefs
Benjamin Hardy (@BenjaminPHardy) is an organizational psychologist and author of Willpower Doesn't Work: Discover the Hidden Keys to Success and Personality Isn't Permanent: Break Free from Self-Limiting Beliefs and Rewrite Your Story.What We Discuss with Benjamin Hardy:
- Why treating the results of a "scientific" personality test like Myers & Briggs or Enneagram as gospel is akin to trusting horoscopes to safely guide your life decisions -- inaccurate and potentially dangerous.
- Hear the story about how Benjamin and his wife almost didn't get married because a personality test indicated they weren't an ideal match.
- What looking back at the person you were 10 or 20 years ago should reveal about personality as an unfixed, malleable quality.
- Why categorizing yourself or accepting labels leads to a tunnel vision of mindlessness that tends to accentuate the negative qualities you believe yourself to have.
- You're always a work in progress -- you're never "finished." The person you'll be in 10 years may well be as different as you are from the person you were 10 years ago. So who do you want the future you to be?
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/365
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!