15: Jocko Willink | Why Discipline Beats Motivation Every Time
Jocko Willink (@jockowillink) is a retired Navy SEAL commander, podcaster, co-author of New York Times Best Seller Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win, and author of Discipline Equals Freedom: Field Manual. His upcoming Marc's Mission: Way of the Warrior Kid (A Novel) will be out soon.What We Discuss with Jocko Willink:
- Effective leadership values and strategies are the same across all fields and industries -- whether you're a Navy SEAL, an office manager, or a startup entrepreneur.
- The difference between motivation and discipline.
- The intersection between leadership and humility.
- How to create a practice of discipline that will be there when we need it.
- A good leader isn't necessarily the most skilled person in the room, but he or she knows how to bring out the best in everyone to create a solid team.
- And much more...
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!Full show notes and resources can be found here.