TJJS - Ep 25 Maria Howell - My Beautiful, Musical Friend from Around The Way(Gastonia, NC)
This show was so much fun 'cause I got to reconnect with Maria! She is a true NC treasure as she is a local girl from Gastonia that made good.
She is a true singer-actress, boasting equally strong résumés on both sides of the title. She was a scene-stealer in 1985’s Academy Award-winning The Color Purple, playing a church choir soloist. Since then, she’s appeared on the big screen in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, The Blind Side and What to Expect When You’re Expecting, and on television in NBC’s Revolution, VH1’s Single Ladies and many others.
But to me what defines her is here genuine, authentic self! Full of love and grace and funny as all get out. Join us for JJ's brand of foolishness...
Follow JJ: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram! The Jeff Johnson Show. Real. Genuine. Authentic. Jeff!
IT IS NOT:
- It’s not a news show, but we learn stuff.
- It’s not a sports show, but Garinger beats Independence all the time and we love the game.
- It’s not an “artsy” show, but local artists/performers are always in the house.
- This is not a food show, but I love livermush!(‘Nuff Said”) So, we'll be talking about food a lot!
- It is a Labour of Love for myself and my Hometown.
- It is a show about you and me and finding out why the Charlotte/Metrolina region is a great place to be!
- It is a show that I get to introduce you folks I grew up with who influenced me in my life. (I got some "Very Unique" friends y'all so this should be interesting!)
- It is a show that I share some of the many talented friends I’ve met along the way. (I got some "Very Unique" friends y'all so this should be interesting!)
- It is a show that works your emotions. (“...Laughing and Crying, you know it’s the same release..”)