E186: Winning Your Audience - John Lee Dumas
This week I’m joined by one of the most successful podcasters in the US: Mr John Lee Dumas! We take a deep dive into how to start a successful business, what you should NOT do and how you should go about winning over your audience.
Starting a business or creating a content channel is a tough game and that’s why John Lee Dumas is here this week… to help give us a head start in our business ventures. We go into the mistakes that people make when modelling themselves on other businesses, how to connect with people who are more than average and tricks of winning over a new audience. This is an inspiring episode that is dedicated to those of you who want to start a business or a successful content channel.
John Lee Dumas is an American podcaster, internet personality, and entrepreneur. He is the founder and host of the award-winning podcast, Entrepreneurs on Fire where he interviews the world's most successful entrepreneurs. John Lee Dumas is widely regarded as one of the best viral entrepreneur podcasters in the United States, who started his entrepreneurial career in 2012 and until 2019, has generated over $16 Million in revenue through his podcasts.
Hit subscribe, join the community, and get involved in the conversation.
Let us know in the comments: What are your entrepreneurial business goals for this year?
1. One of the mistakes people make when running or starting a business is that they look at other businesses doing big launches and think that if they just copy the strategy they’ll win big... but in reality... the actual net profits aren’t as high as they thought.
2. Find someone who is currently where you want to be and use them as a mentor.
3. You’re the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with.
4. You’re not stuck with just meeting from the people in your local area; find a few people that you can mastermind with and meet with them weekly. They’ll help you to stop procrastinating, get things done and grow in the most important areas.
5. John believes that to begin a remote business and lifestyle you need to be financially successful, location independent and adventurous.
6. Having a small and mighty audience is going to win over a large less engaged audience.
7. If you’re thinking about creating content, identify what your audience’s single biggest problem is and create the solution.
8. Try not to be a person of success but a person of value.
The Passive Investing Playbook - https://theinvestormindset.com/passive
Entrepreneurs on Fire - https://www.eofire.com/
Learn more about our fund opportunities - https://www.vonfinch.com/fund
Learn more about investing with Steven at https://theinvestormindset.com/invest
Join the MultiFamilyMBA and get exclusive free training: