Tim Gough: Attitude, Belief, Commitment
Tim is the Chief Executive Officer of Bay Capital Mortgage Corporation and is responsible for growth throughout the Mid-Atlantic. Prior to Bay Capital, Tim served as Sr. Vice President for 1st Mariner Mortgage. Previously, Tim served as President of First Republic Mortgage which was acquired by 1st Mariner in 2008.
Tim is a recipient of the Master Certified Mortgage Banker (CMB) designation from the Mortgage Bankers Association, the highest certification awarded a member of the industry.
After earning a B.A. degree in Economics at the University of Maryland in 1983, Tim entered the financial services industry and moved to the Annapolis area where he currently resides with his wife, Lori, and where they raised three children.
In this episode Jason and Tim discuss:
- The difference between working for and working with
- How to retain team members’ loyalty even during major changes
- Prioritizing people more than the job at hand
- Cultivating leadership and personal growth in team members as a coach
- We should be listening to everyone's feedback and understand from everyone's perspective, how our decisions may affect the entire team.
- For a group to be successful, the people must enjoy working with each other and truly want to see each individual and the whole team succeed.
- Lead by example, chart the path and help people feel the value of where you’re going with transparency and integrity.
“The ABC of success: attitude, belief and commitment… if one of those three are missing, it’s hard to be successful ” - Tim Gough
Connect with Tim Gough:
Connect with Steve and Jason:
Website: Rewire, Inc.: Transformed Thinking
Show notes by Podcastologist: Kristen Braun
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You're the expert. Your podcast will prove it.