Taylor Stork: Selling Doesn’t Work
Taylor Stork is the Chief Operating Officer for Developer’s Mortgage Company. A seasoned business executive and Certified Mortgage Banker (CMB), Taylor has over 20 years of experience in the industry and is passionate about enabling home ownership. Taylor is an active member of the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) and Community Home Lenders Association (CHLA) and serves as an Advisory Council member for the Lenders One Mortgage Cooperative as well as a Board member for the Mortgage Bankers Association of New Jersey. Prior to his role with Developer’s, Taylor acted in senior leadership roles at major national and regional mortgage lenders organizations including MCS Mortgage Bankers, Inc., Continental Bank, Bank of America and American Home Mortgage. In his free time, you can find Taylor on a tractor on his farm amongst his horses and cows. He holds a BS in Finance from San Diego State University.
In this episode Steve and Taylor discuss:
- The mindset that every sales-person need to become successful in sales
- Why people speak more than listening - what’s the better way of selling
- “Doing business with your eyes closed”
- Giving people the opportunity to help, and giving value to what you can learn from others
- Speak less and listen more.Nobody wants to hear what you have to say about your product or company. What people want to know is that you are listening to them and that you are ready to fulfill their needs.
- Figure out what’s important, what problem can you solve, and how you can solve it for your client.
- Turn away from the easy. Fight against the feeling of giving up and the very normal tendency to blame others or your circumstance.
“I don’t have to accomplish everything if I can accomplish a couple of important things… by trying to accomplish everything myself, I rob others of the opportunity to help.” - Taylor Stork
Connect with Taylor Stork:
Connect with Steve and Jason:
Website: Rewire, Inc.: Transformed Thinking
Show notes by Podcastologist: Justine Talla
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You're the expert. Your podcast will prove it.