Healing Stories with Humor with Pasha Marlowe EP: 018
We’re all familiar with the old adage: “Laughter is the best medicine”. But how does humor actually tie in with healing trauma that we go through at some point in our lives?
Today’s episode of The Inside Story Podcast introduces us to Pasha Marlowe — life and laughter coach, and holistic personal trainer. As Pasha shares with me, she started out like any other marriage and family therapist who uses traditional methods for treatment. But a personal, traumatic experience led her to search for and apply all sorts of tools to bring about healing, and ultimately make the mindful decision to use humor as part of the process.
So join me and Pasha as we discuss:
- Her work as a therapist and health coach, and how a major shift in her family’s life became the springboard for her to use comedy, laughter and humor to promote healing
- What her coaching used to be like, versus how it looks now that she is working with the lens of humor
- Being open to transformation — even to the extent of changing your personality! — and taking your power back from traumatic experiences by telling your story
- Heroic self-love and asking ourselves who we really are and what we want out of life, and finding the courage to go after that vision
- Inherited trauma and how we can still change the narrative for ourselves and the next generation
- How she helps her group process trauma through humor, which culminates in a virtual and live comedy show
- The really awesome meaning of R.O.A.R., Pasha’s laughter-filled healing program
Pasha and I both strongly believe that there is power in telling our stories — the power to heal, to become a light, and to release what has been holding us back and become “lighter” ourselves. And to wield the power of humor in our storytelling … well, I think comic icon Charlie Chaplin said it best: “Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease from pain.”
Connect with Pasha: http://pashamarlowe.com/
Share your story with us and be a LIGHTbeamer! Join our FREE community on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LIGHTbeamersCommunity