Intimacy, Technology, and Trauma
Psychologist Rick Raymond shares insights on mindfulness-based-therapies, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and the hurdles to intimacy in the age of digital technology.
*Recorded in the summer of 2019.
ABOUT THE GUEST
- Rick received his PhD in Clinical Psychology in 2019 after completing his predoctoral internship at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Los Angeles. Although he works with a wide variety of clients, he has gained particular expertise in trauma-focused and mindfulness-based therapies. A former employee of Silicon Valley, Rick's research explores how technology can help lower barriers to effective psychological care, a subject he pursues with both passion and a hearty dose of skepticism. He recently moved to Washington DC to begin his postdoctoral residency.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Controlling for Blindspots in mental health practice
- Psychology and Spirituality
- Human connection in digital age
- Importance of physical immediacy in relationship
- Technology's impact on emotional range
- Unpleasant emotions as emotional opportunities
- Productive Mindfulness vs Pointless Rumination
- The Power of Eye Contact
- Confronting Fear of Vulnerability
- Avoiding the Aversive
- Exploring your Emotional Range
Theme music composed by B.E.N. http://bit.ly/BENmusic
Questions or comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org