Amelia Boone: Obstacle Racing and Mental Health Warrior
Amelia Boone is one of the most accomplished obstacle race athletes in history, having won the Spartan Race World Championship in 2013 and the World’s Toughest Mudder in 2012, 2014 and 2015. She’s also struggled with OCD and an eating disorder that resulted in hospital and treatment center stays. On this episode of The Growth Equation Podcast, Brad and Steve speak with Amelia Boone about her highs, lows and what she’s learned along the way. Amelia shares advice on recovery (including what to do if you find yourself relapsing) and how to speak to friends or family members suffering from mental illness. She speaks to the power that comes from giving voice to issues and how she reconciles her various identities, including obstacle race warrior and mental health warrior.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Amelia’s heartfelt blog post on her experience with an eating disorder
- Amelia on Twitter
- Brad writes about his experience with OCD
- Made of millions information page for OCD
- Information on suicidal OCD
- National Eating Disorders Association Helpline: 1-800-931-2237
Please write a review on Apple Podcasts and help new listeners discover the show!
You can find the podcast on:
The post Amelia Boone: Obstacle Racing and Mental Health Warrior appeared first on The Growth Equation.