#7: Niall McEvoy - Breathing Life into Cities: Urban Greening, Air Quality, Biophilia and Biodiversity
This episode is a conversation with Niall McEvoy.
Niall is Business Development Manager at Scotscape, a leading green infrastructure and living wall provider. He is an educator and speaker with expertise in urban greening, horticulture and the science behind how plants and trees can improve our cities.
Niall leads training courses on the design, construction and maintenance of living walls, provides continuing professional development programmes for architects and designers globally and regularly speaks on these subjects at industry events.
We talk about:
- How "urban greening" is not about planting anything - you have to plant the right species for the right situation.
- How nature works as a system, not as individual elements.
- The importance of plants for air quality, biophilia and biodiversity.
- The economics of green infrastructure.
- The advantages of living walls (or "green walls").
- How to convince people of the necessity for greener cities!
And if you love Irish accents, then this episode is definitely for you!
Learn more about Scotscape and Niall:
Follow the podcast on social media:
Intro music by Tanoi